Follow on Facebook
- Anti-comics Athens Book reviews Characterization Classroom practice ComicLife conflict economics exposition First Second Flagpole Formative Assessment genocide Geoffrey Canada Girl Talk graphic organizer Hip-Hop history John Dewey manga memoir Minx nonfiction Othello plot structure Pop culture ready-to-use Shakespeare social justice social studies student work TokyoPop Unemployed Man Vertigo Why graphic texts?
Who visits this site?
- Thanks, Unemployed Man! You’re saving the day!
- Who wouldn’t want to read this book, attend this school, and join this club?
- Student work and teaching critical reading explicitly via comics
- Literary mashup: killing Shakespeare, or another form of appreciation?
- Discovery Channel sees the potential too!
- Through the WoodsThis book is another one I am kicking myself for not reading years ago when I first got it. Luckily, one of the students in my Graphic Novels and Multiliteracies seminar chose it for our weekly read, and not only did I get to experience it but will get to discuss it, too. Put simply, Through the Woods is a collection of five gorgeous, horrible, and chilling […]email@example.com (Stergios Botzakis)
- Through the Woods
- TGC AND RWP COMBINE FORCESIn the last decade, the comics-in-education movement has experienced exponential growth in scholarship, pedagogy and classroom use. Our excitement is only enhanced by the world-wide cultural acceptance of superheroes (the stereotypical American icon for comics) as well as other comics literature. Movies, sitcoms, reality shows, apparel and toys: comics are e […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Mr. Wilson)
- TGC AND RWP COMBINE FORCES
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Welcome to the Archive!From 2006 to 2016, I used this space to discuss issues associated with comics and literacy. The blog was helpful to many -- probably to more than admit it! ;) -- and only after emerging from a few years of feeling silenced do I now reopen the blog as an archive.Perhaps I'll be moved to start writing here again, but for now, welcome (again or for the fir […]email@example.com (Bucky C.)
- Welcome to the Archive!
How many humans love comics?
- 25,930 hits