Follow on Facebook
TagsAnti-comics Athens Book reviews Characterization Classroom practice ComicLife conflict economics exposition First Second Flagpole Formative Assessment genocide Geoffrey Canada Girl Talk graphic organizer Hip-Hop history John Dewey manga memoir Minx nonfiction Othello plot structure Pop culture ready-to-use Shakespeare social justice social studies student work TokyoPop Unemployed Man Vertigo Why graphic texts?
Who visits this site?
- Thanks, Unemployed Man! You’re saving the day!
- Who wouldn’t want to read this book, attend this school, and join this club?
- Student work and teaching critical reading explicitly via comics
- Literary mashup: killing Shakespeare, or another form of appreciation?
- Discovery Channel sees the potential too!
Tag Archives: Athens
Every holiday season, our local alt-news weekly publication The Flagpole publishes a reader-submitted section to account for a week off. The submissions are predictably an eclectic mix of writing: some worth reading, and some worth tossing. Imagine my surprise a … Continue reading